Although there are many methods to make windows 10 Bootable USB disk, or with multiple operating systems at once, one of the simplest and fastest is to do it using Rufus.
Rufus is a free and open-source utility used to create USB boot disks from ISO files, like any version of Windows or Linux, and recently it also allows us to download the image of Windows 8 or Windows 10 to do the process even simpler.
How to Make Windows 10 Bootable USB disk with Rufus
- A USB port on your computer
- A pen drive of at least 8 GB
- Windows 7 or any later version
- Download Rufus 3.5
Step by step to make Windows 10 Bootable USB:
- Connect your flash drive to the computer and make sure to back up any important files on it before continuing, as this process will erase all the data it contains.
- Run the Rufus-3.5.exe file that we download (no installation required since it is a portable utility)
- In the Rufus window select your unit in the list of devices:
- If you have already downloaded your Windows 10 ISO file, then click select and navigate to the location where it is saved using Windows Explorer.
- If you want to download the Windows 10 ISO using Rufus. Click on the down arrow next to the select button to change to DOWNLOAD :
- Select Windows 10 in this case and click Continue.
- Then you must select the “issue” or version of Windows 10. We recommend selecting the most recent (you can see the release dates next to the version) to avoid having to update Windows later. Then click on “Continue”.
- Select the Windows 10 edition, either “Home / Pro” or “Education.” Remember that this will depend on the type of license you have. If in doubt, always select “Home / Pro” which are the ones used by individual users.
- Click on “Continue” to choose the language and then the architecture. Choose x64 unless you have a computer that is too old.
- Finally, select ” Download ” and a folder to save your ISO using the file browser.
- Wait for the download process to finish and finally select the “Partition Scheme” as “MBR”. The “Target System” as “BIOS UEFI” and the “File System” as in FAT32 and click on “START”.
- When the green bar in the window reaches the end, the process will be finished. Now you can use your flash drive to install Windows 10 on that or another computer.
After you are successfully created a Windows 10 Bootable USB with Rufus. Now Follow The Next Step Boot Windows 10 from USB -Safe & Easy Way